Protection and Understanding Legal Guidance

  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Personal Injury
  4.  » Lost Wages & Medical Bills

Who Covers Lost Wages and Medical Bills Resulting From a Car Accident?

We Will Help You Understand All of Your Legal Options

You will most likely have bills that come due while your legal case is pending. Such bills can be quite high, and it is tempting to take an initial settlement offer from an insurance company to pay down debts, especially when you are not able to work and earn income.

However, if you accept the insurance company’s offer, which is likely far less than you deserve to recover, you will be giving up your right to take any legal action in pursuit of the full and fair compensation you deserve.

You have more coverage options than the insurance company would like you to know about, and we can help you secure your maximum compensation.

Securing Compensation for Lost Wages and Medical Bills

With The Law Offices of Jeffrey Jones as your advocate, you do not need to be concerned. We will keep bill collectors at bay, and secure compensation for lost wages and medical expenses while your case is pending.

  • Uninsured/underinsured motorist (UM/UIM) insurance
    The minimum amount of UM/UIM insurance licensed drivers are required to carry in Tennessee is $25,000. If your injury costs and losses exceed this amount, additional sources may be available, including:
    • Med-Pay insurance
      Your Med-Pay coverage is available to reimburse you for medical expenses whether you were driving your own car, driving someone else’s car, biking or walking.
    • Personal injury protection (PIP) insurance
      PIP is not required in Tennessee, but if you have coverage, it pays benefits for lost wages and medical expenses suffered by you and your passengers, including funeral costs.
    • Health insurance
      Once all other sources have been exhausted, health insurance coverage may be available for covering medical expenses.

We will negotiate bills on your behalf, help you manage expenses and ensure that bills do not affect your credit while we work to maximize injury compensation in your personal injury lawsuit.

Attorney Jeffrey H. Jones with over 35 years of experience. He will personally build your case and provide you with individualized services throughout the course of your case.

Contact Us in Bartlett — We Can Help You Now

Please call our office at 901-410-5751 or toll free at +1-800-863-2561 to schedule a consultation with a lawyer, or contact us online. We are responsive days, nights and on weekends, and we are happy to speak with you at your convenience.