A car accident comes as a shock. When you have been injured in a car accident, what you do immediately afterward and in the coming days and weeks can greatly affect the outcome of your claim or lawsuit. The Law Offices of Jeffrey Jones in Bartlett, Tennessee, offers advice to area residents who have been involved in traffic accidents. Take note of these suggestions and contact us for a free initial consultation on what else you should do to protect your rights.
- Contact an attorney as soon as possible after an accident. Many injured people and their families are naturally concerned about immediate, urgent matters such as getting medical treatment and taking care of life’s disruptions resulting from injuries. Some think they can wait and talk to a lawyer later. However, waiting too long to get legal advice can have a detrimental effect on your injury claim. Jeffrey Jones in Bartlett can get an investigation underway promptly, assisting you by gathering evidence such as witness statements, photos of the scene of the accident, photos of the wrecked car and police reports. This information may strengthen your claim for compensation.
- Put your case together quickly or you won’t have a case. Waiting to discuss your case with an attorney might not just harm your case — it may result in a lost opportunity to bring an injury claim at all.
- Get medical treatment for your injuries promptly. Go to the emergency room or urgent care to get documentation of your injuries. Staying home in shock will not bolster your claim. Legal opponents will likely challenge your case if you do not put forth a good-faith effort to help yourself from the start.
- Follow doctors’ recommendations for continuing rest, therapy and rehabilitation. If you fail to stay in close contact with health care professionals as you recover, opposing insurance companies or attorneys may claim that your physical complaints are not the result of an accident, but rather, symptomatic of unrelated pre-existing conditions.
- Don’t make your case on the Internet before you have a lawyer. Beware of what you share through Facebook, Caring Bridge and other online forums. Your family and friends are naturally interested in knowing that someone has been injured. However, you should refrain from offering details. Talk to a lawyer right away, before online activity harms your injury claim.
Most clients of The Law Offices of Jeffrey Jones come to the law firm by word of mouth. Previous clients, other lawyers and judges recognize Mr. Jones’ strong legal skills as well as his extensive medical knowledge (gained as a former licensed pharmacist), adding to his ability to advocate effectively for the injured.
Ask Us About These 5 Things To Do If You Have Been In An Accident — And More
Contact The Law Offices of Jeffrey Jones at 901-410-5751 or toll free at +1-800-863-2561. Request a free consultation with an attorney. We are prepared to respond right away: days, nights and on weekends.