Protect Your Rights And Future With Proactive Criminal Defense
We can get to work for you right away. It is crucial to exercise your right to an attorney if you have been accused of or arrested on criminal charges. By law, police officers and investigators must stop asking questions as soon as you request to speak with an attorney. Do not say anything beyond confirming your identity without consulting an experienced attorney.
It’s never too early to consult a criminal defense attorney. We are discreet, and all consultations are 100% confidential.
If you are currently under investigation, we can help you protect your reputation, property and privacy. We can help you stay out of jail. Investigators and police officers are never on your side. Their goal is to gather evidence against you, whether fair or not.
Our Far-Reaching Criminal Defense Practice
At The Law Office of Jeffrey Jones, we handle tough cases for Tennessee residents, out-of-state visitors and immigrants with a variety of backgrounds. If you are convicted of a crime as an immigrant, the odds are high that you will be deported. Experienced criminal defense representation is critical.
Attorney Jeffrey Jones has been defending people accused of state and federal crimes throughout the Memphis metro area and West Tennessee for over 35 years. He has defended numerous high-profile cases – many of which involved controlling damaging media coverage.
Located in Bartlett, our firm defends people facing all levels of criminal charges in several areas, including:
- Drug crimes: Effective defense strategies include evaluation for illegal search and seizure violations. Clients have been charged with possession, distribution, manufacture and trafficking of controlled substances.
- DUI/DWI: For those accused of driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol, we ask this key question first: Did the arresting officer have probable cause to stop the vehicle? We also look for signs that a breath test or any sobriety test may not have been credible or valid.
- Sex crimes: We represent adults and juveniles charged with crimes such as sexual assault, sexual abuse, solicitation of minors, indecent exposure and others.
- Internet crimes/computer crimes: Internet-based crimes run the gamut from identity theft and credit card fraud to child pornography possession and other illegal online activities.
- Domestic violence: Along with family violence cases, we represent clients accused of violation of restraining orders and other related offenses.
- Theft: Restitution can sometimes help clients obtain positive outcomes in cases involving shoplifting, auto theft, robbery and other types of theft.
- White collar crimes: Financial crimes such as forgery, embezzlement and fraud are often classified as white collar offenses. These are common in businesses and nonprofit organizations.
- Professional license defense:
- We protect the careers and futures of pharmacists, physicians, nurses and other health care professionals charged with medical indiscretions.
- We advise professionals facing commercial driver’s license loss and risks to other professional credentials and licenses following DUI, drug or excessive traffic violation convictions. Clients include pilots, truck drivers, nurses, pharmacists, physicians, lawyers and education professionals.
- Juvenile crimes: Some juvenile crimes include age-defined offenses such as underage drinking and curfew violations. Others are offenses allegedly committed by teenagers and children that are also chargeable to adults, such as theft, assault and vandalism.
- Federal grand jury proceedings: We educate our clients and advocate for them at every stage of grand jury proceedings.
Get Answers. Get Immediate Defense. Now.
We are responsive days, nights and weekends.