At The Law Offices of Jeffrey Jones, we can go to work for you immediately. We defend your rights, work to suppress evidence and begin building a case to prevent conviction.
Attorney Jeffrey H. Jones has defended thousands of people who have faced drunk driving charges in the Memphis area or West Tennessee over the past 35 years. As a, Mr. Jones can confidently defend your case in any Tennessee court.
Should Your DUI Case Go to Trial?
Other lawyers rarely take DUI defense cases to trial, but we will try the case if it is in our clients’ best interests. We will do whatever it takes to achieve your best possible outcome, protect your driving privileges, keep you out of jail and protect your reputation.
We have successfully defended people who were arrested with two to three times the legal limit of blood alcohol content (BAC). Mr. Jones has successfully suppressed the evidence against our clients for lack of probable cause and other improper law enforcement procedures in numerous cases.
DUI Penalties in Tennessee
Your driver’s license is not immediately suspended upon arrest. However, if you are convicted of DUI, you will lose your license.
The penalties of DUI conviction include:.
- Mandatory jail time
- Fines that can amount to thousands of dollars
- Community service
- DUI assessment at your expense
- Driver’s license revocation
- Restricted license if no bodily injury or death was involved in your case
- Possible vehicle forfeiture
- Ignition interlock device at your expense
- Alcohol safety and DUI school or victim impact panel
- Rehabilitation program at the judge’s discretion
The severity of each of the penalties listed depends on the number of DUI convictions you have had in the last 10 years and the unique circumstances of your case.
Additional consequences that could result from conviction include:
- Negative impact on future job and education opportunities
- Increased auto insurance premiums or policy cancellation (SR-22 insurance premiums)
- Possible loss of professional license (e.g., nurses, doctors, pharmacists, pilots, commercial drivers, lawyers and others)
- We can defend you in administrative hearings.
- Tarnished reputation
- Loss of rights to buy or possess firearms
- Travel restrictions outside the U.S.
- Inability to rent a vehicle
Retain Reliable, Dedicated DUI Defense
We represent clients in criminal proceedings and Tennessee Department of Safety seizure hearings. Please call our Bartlett office at 901-410-5751 or toll free at +1-800-863-2561 to schedule a consultation with us. You may also contact us online.
We are responsive days, nights and on weekends.